If possible pluck the chicken outside as removing the feathers can be messy and there can be a strong smell.
1. Hang the chicken upside down.
2. Remove all feathers from the body and leggs including the tail feathers (try not to rip the skin).
3. Remove the head.
4. Cut off the end of the wings.
5. Cut off the end of the leggs.
6. Make an incision vertically up the vent.
7. Put your hand into the body cavity and pull the intestine and body organs out.
8. Cut the neck from the chicken.
9. Remove the crop.
10. Run cold water through the chicken to clean it.