The Pensions Guide


Pensions Knowledgebase and Glossary

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 


Home Energy Efficiency Scheme If you are aged 60 or over and are receiving certain benefits, you could be entitled to help with heating and insulation improvements to your home.
If you live in a defined high-crime area, you may also get basic home security measures, such as door and window locks.
The schemes are different for England and Wales and Scotland.
Home Responsibilities Protection (HRP) Home Responsibilities Protection is a scheme which helps you protect your basic State Pension.
If you do not work, or your earnings are low and you are caring for someone, you may be able to get Home Responsibilities Protection.
Home improvements There are various schemes to help you make necessary improvements to your home so you can keep your independence.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to low-cost loans, renovation grants, home repair assistance or disabled facilities grants.
Hospital If you are in hospital, there may be a change to any entitlements you are receiving. If you are receiving Pension Credit, you can get help with the costs of travelling to and from hospital.
Housing Benefit If you are on a low income, you may be entitled to help with your rent from your local council.

© RuleWorks - All Rights Reserved - Policy -