The Ayrshire Guide Twitter: @VisitAyrshire   VisitAyrshire Facebook
The Visit Ayrshire Guide RSS Feed
*
Accessibility

Background

Visit Ayrshire Scotland

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

...T...

ItemDescription
Tarbolton Masonic Lodge The Lodge was consecrated in 1771 and has strong connections with Robert Burns with displays of memorabilia in Museum and Lodge room.
Location: Montgomerie Street, Tarbolton
Telephone Museum, Darvel Private museum containing unique display of telephone memorabilia dating from early 1900s to the present.
Housed within old bakehouse dating from 1850s, adjacent to the Matthew Burn Green, only remaining public green in Darvel.
Location: 1 Burn Road, Near the Turf Hotel, Darvel, KA17 0AJ
The Old Town Hall, Ardrossan Built 1858, 11 years after Ardrossan became a burgh, and used as town hall until 1946 when the Council and local Masonic Lodge St John RA No. 320 came to agreement that Lodge take over the building.
Exterior stonework restored 1997-98 with assistance from national and local bodies. Newly refurbished Masonic Temple.
Location: Harbour Street, Ardrossan, KA22 8BS
The Smillie Centre, Millport On footprint of original Cunninghames Bakery. History of site displayed with examples of documents dating from 1835 when Marquess of Bute feued site to Glasgow merchant Gilbert Lennox.
Location: 11 Guildford Street, through Cumbrae Cards, Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
Town Hall, Ayr Thomas Hamilton, 1831, James Sellars, 1878-81. Neo-classical landmark.
High five-staged steeple with channelled columns and pedimented doorway, ornamented with Doric columns, urns and gryphons holding torches.
Hall with organ, Council Chamber and Provost's Room.
Location: At junction of High Street and Sandgate, Ayr.
Town Hall, Maybole Robert S Ingram, 1887. Formerly the 17th century tolbooth. Photographs of former Provosts in Council Chamber and 1696 bell.
The Clock Tower is part of the original building and the holding cell is still under the building.
Troon's Municipal Buildings This is a large sandstone Listed Building, built on a site donated to the town by Sir Alexander Walker in 1932.
It accommodated Troon Town Council and District Court and now the Registration Office occupies these premises with other Council Services.
The building sits on the South Beach overlooking the esplanade and has a superb view of the Firth of Clyde with the Isle of Arran in the background.

© RuleWorks - All Rights Reserved - Policy - - Sitemap