The Ayrshire Guide Twitter: @VisitAyrshire   VisitAyrshire Facebook
The Visit Ayrshire Guide RSS Feed


Visit Ayrshire Scotland

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 


Laigh West High Kirk, Kilmarnock Body of the church by Robert Johnstone, 1802. Enlarged 1831 with later 19C Session Room.
Major refurbishment 1995. Civic Trust award 1997. Clock tower 17C. Interesting monuments and fine stained glass by Norman MacDougall, J T Stewart, A C Whalen and Susan Bradbury.
Kirkyard contains graves of Covenanters Ross and Shields as well as Rev J McKinlay and Tam Samson, friend of Robert Burns.
Access from John Dickie Street or Bank Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1BL
Largs Museum Largs and District Historical Society present a fine collection of domestic artefacts, seaside souvenirs and photographs of old Largs.
Documentation and publications on the Brisbane connection and other Australian families.
Location: Kirkgate House, Manse Court, off Main Street, Largs, KA30 8AW
Lifeboat Station, Girvan Shore facility with store and crew facilities. All-weather Mersey class lifeboat serves south west of Scotland.Building Date: 1993
Lifeboat Station, Lamlash, Isle of Arran Boathouse built 1985 to house the B class Atlantic 75 lifeboat covering inshore waters around the coast of Arran.
Larger boathouse built 1997 near the Old Pier to provide crew training room and to house a B class Atlantic 21 lifeboat and launching vehicle.
Lifeboat Station, Largs Boathouse built 1998 to house Atlantic 75 lifeboat Peggy Keith Learmond.
Largs was the first station in Scotland to operate a B class Atlantic 21 lifeboat, following successful trials of prototype B-500 in 1972.
Lifeboat Station, Troon Boathouse built 1987 to provide crew room, workshop and store, extended 1996 with improved workshop, souvenir sales and galley. All-weather Trent class lifeboat and inshore D class lifeboat serving lower Firth of Clyde.
Loudoun Hall, Ayr Dwelling of James Tait, merchant who traded with Europe, first recorded in the late 15th century.
Purchased in 16th century as the town house of the Campbells of Loudoun, hereditary sheriffs of Ayr.
Rescued from demolition by 4th Marquess of Bute and restored from 1948 by architect Robert Hurd. Refurbished 1998.
Loudoun Kirk, Galston Recently restored 12th century Kirk. Partially restored by 3rd Marquess of Bute in 1898. Covenanters' graves, including Thomas Fleming, ancestor to Sir Alexander Fleming.
The memorial to the tragic Lady Flora Hastings, is prominent in the Kirkyard.
Location: Side road off A719, Opposite Loudoun Castle Park entrance, Galston, KA4 8PE

© RuleWorks - All Rights Reserved - Policy - - Sitemap