The Ayrshire Guide Twitter: @VisitAyrshire   VisitAyrshire Facebook
The Visit Ayrshire Guide RSS Feed


Visit Ayrshire Scotland

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 


Harbour Arts Centre, Irvine Fully equipped centre for music, comedy, threatre and exhibitions. Two multi-purpose state of the art studios, stylish cafe bar, gallery and foyer. Scottish Arts Council funded.
Location: Harbourside, Harbour Street, Irvine, KA12 8PZ
Henderson Parish Church, Kilmarnock Imposing Gothic-style church of Ballochmyle sandstone completed 1907, architect Thomas Smellie, Kilmarnock. Carillion of bells, 1950. Norman & Beard three-manual organ restored 1987.
Stained glass in side chapel by Wendy Robertson, 1987.
Location: London Road, Situated in town centre near bus station and Grand Hall., Kilmarnock, KA3 7
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Kilmarnock Striking Wallace creation in Early English style, with magnificent chancel by Sir George Gilbert Scott, 1876.
Stained glass by Powell & Sons, Clayton & Bell, and William Aikman. Wall and wood painting by Burliston & Grylls. Pipe organ 1877, refurbished 1939.
Architect: James Wallace, George Gilbert Scott. Building Date: 1857-76
Location: Opposite the Sheriff Court, Dundonald Road and Portland Road, Kilmarnock, KA1
Holy Trinity Scottish Episcopal Church, Ayr John Loughborough Pearson, 1898. 13th century Gothic in style.
His designs for tower and spire were abandoned and a truncated tower by Roger Pinckney completed the building in 1964.
Outstanding stained glass by Clayton and Bell and others. Splendid reredos.
Location: Fullerton Street, Ayr, near Bus Station.
Honest Men Nickname for Ayr United F.C. supporters based on a quote from Scotland's National Bard, Rabbie Burns.
Hunterston Castle and Gardens, West Kilbride 13C tower house restored 2001. Many unique features, including original roof beams with carpenters' marks and a fine barrel-vaulted basement.
Lived in continuously by Hunter family till 1803. Early 20C restoration work carried out by Sir Robert Lorimer including a finely carved stone lintel of the Hunter coat of arms in the Great Hall.
Now the centre of the Clan Hunter Association Worldwide. Ground and first floor access only.Building Date: 13-17C
Exhibition of local arts and crafts. Cumbrae Pipe Band and dancers. Display of family costumes, Victorian and Edwardian to the 1960s.

© RuleWorks - All Rights Reserved - Policy - - Sitemap