MG Classic Cars
MG STANDS for Morris Garages, which was the Oxford distributor for Morris cars; co-incidentally, it was also owned by William Morris, later Lord Nuffield. When Cecil Kimber became its general manager in 1922, the firm started modifying standard Morris Cowleys, lowering the chassis and fitting more sporting bodywork.
By 1924, Morris Garages was advertising the "MG Special four-seater Sports", and had incorporated the famous octagonal badge into the copy. Old Number One was the first MG sports car, but it was the 48th body built for Morris Garages by one firm, Carbodies, since 1924.