Census 1881 England
The 1881 British Isles Census was taken on the night of 3 April 1881. The following information was requested:
Enumeration forms were distributed to all households a couple of days before census night and the complete forms were collected the next day. All responses were to reflect the individual's status as of 3 April 1881 for all individuals who had spent the night in the house.
- Name of street, avenue road, etc.
- House number or name
- Whether or not the house was inhabited
- Number of rooms occupied if less than five
- Name of each person that had spent the night in that household
- Relationship of person enumerated to the head of the family
- Each person's marital status
- Age at last birthday (sex is indicated by which column the age is recorded in)
- Each person's occupation
- Person's place of birth
- Whether deaf and dumb, blind, imbecile or idiot, or lunatic.