Ayr Pavilion, Pirate Petes and Playpark
The Pavilion on the Low Green at Ayr beach was opened in 1911 for summer variety shows.
- 1911-1933 Theatre for summer variety shows.
- 1930 Alteration: converted to dance hall. Dual use with summer concert party until 1933.
- 1956 Jazz and rock venue. Powerhouse disco.
- 1974 Restoration of abandoned stage areas and refurbishment of balcony areas (Ayr Intimate Opera).
- 1990 Venue used for "Hangar 13" raves but fell into disuse after 3 deaths attributed to drug misuse.
- 2003 Revived as Pirate Pete's
Next to the pavilion is a large children's play area.