Alloway Parish Church
Campbell Douglas, 1857-58 added to 1877, 1890. Gothic-style.
Sixteen stained glass windows give a mini history of the art from 1858 to the present include works by: Clayton and Bell, McLundie, Mayor & Co, Webb, Whall, Hamilton, Crombie, Webster, and the 1996 Four Seasons and Robert Burns Memorial from Susan Bradbury.
Architect: Campbell Douglas. Location: Beside B7024, South of Burns Cottage, opposite ruined Alloway Kirk, Alloway, Ayr, KA7.
The people of Alloway had been without a place of worship for quite some time when in 1856 they got together to raise a subscription for the building and endowment of a new church. It was opened for worship on the 10th October 1858 and in 1859 the first minister was called to re-establish quoad sacra parish of the Church of Scotland at Alloway.
The building originally was rectangular with a North transept only was brought to its present shape by additions in 1878 and 1890. The suite of halls beyond the churchyard was erected in 1965, the session house in 1977 and the octagonal hall in 1987.